Dr. D.N. Wadia, an eminent geologist visited Geology Department in late 1950s.
Dr. Wadia founded Indian Bureau of Mines, Atomic Minerals Division and Institute
of Himalayan Geology. He authored 'Geology of India', covering geology of Indian
sub continent over six editions. This became a single source of textbook for
students of geology for long period. He was recipient of Padma Bhusan in 1958.
L to R: Dr. D.N. Wadia, Dr. R.C. Mishra (former Head of the Department).